Skip to main content

As the Curtains Fall

As the curtains fall,
and the players recede
to take off their masks;
The audience applause
that echoes in the gallery
Yes, the play was a success.
A pride moment for the makers.
A success story of make believe.

Fooled are we, the audience;
mesmerized by the words
ravished by the personas
we believed in a world
that was merely a myth.
It was the magic,
the magic of the words-
words with hollow meanings-
look back and see, they were.

I was there, as a spectator,
believed what my eyes saw
believed what my ears heard.
But as the curtains fall,
I stop and think,
What was fake? what was real?

Or was I among the players
Did I ever have a role
Did I do a make believe
Was I acting? Was I living?
And as the bard once sang-
Life is a stage, where we are
mere actors. Is it true?
Did I adorn my role-
perfectly as all did?
Was it just a drama,
that i was a part of.
Wasn't that life itself?

Fellow actors, taking off-
their masks, washing hands.
Its over, the play is over.
But the play was life to me.
The play was a failure to me.
Its over, my life is over.
I stop and think,
What was fake? what was real?

Comments

@archie@ said…
dis one sure is amazing....keep up d gud work,u hv a anoder regular reader nw..!!!
Anonymous said…
hmm you sure can hold eternity in a passage.

Popular posts from this blog

your promise

you gave me your hand and promised to be there whenever i needed it. you saw my tears whenever i hid it. but now.. where r u? i still search fr that hand that once had comforted me but it fails to reach me. i still hide my tears hoping you would find them but you fail to recognize it. Why?why did you promise? to be there for me when u dont even remember the promise you made to me.

Scared ...

Scared of the distance Scared of the darkness Scared as the winds blow straight to my face. Scared at the whims  of my own fantasy. Scared of all around me. Scared as I lie alone, Scared of the strange noises blaring inside my head. Scared darling, I too, was of losing you. And all the scares came futile, as scare engulfed me in its depths. 

......................

It was all black, it was all dark. I tried to see where it was, light. I searched here, I searched there, But where was the light in me? Then I saw, it was hidden, Hidden in the realms of black. Happily I threw it away, In hope of seeing my light. But what i saw, it was grey!