Skip to main content

AM I A POET?

Am I a poet or not?
When the world be deaf
A poet hears beyond ears.
When the world be blind
A poet sees beyond eyes.
When the world be dumb
A poet speaks beyond tongues.
Imagination rules his self.
Then, am I a poet or not?

Do I hear, see or speak
Where the world stops?
Do I have their weapon-
Imagination, to be ruled?
Poets are born, not made,
Is the poet in me born-
Or made? is my doubt.


Rhythm, stress, simile,
Metaphors, are they in-
What I call my poem?
My rhymes are unrhymed
My stresses are unstressed
Are my punctuations right?
Shall I call myself a poet?


Heart rules his thoughts
But what of my thoughts?
Do they come from my heart
Or from my brain? I ask!
My words are ne'er published
They find the best place_
In the editors' dustbins.
So am I a poet or not?

All never write poems
Then am I unique?
Or one among the few
Or none among the few?
So what do you think
Am I a poet or not?

Comments

Anonymous said…
sure u r!
coz almost all d poets are mentally not well and there u r. so itz sure u r a poet!

Popular posts from this blog

your promise

you gave me your hand and promised to be there whenever i needed it. you saw my tears whenever i hid it. but now.. where r u? i still search fr that hand that once had comforted me but it fails to reach me. i still hide my tears hoping you would find them but you fail to recognize it. Why?why did you promise? to be there for me when u dont even remember the promise you made to me.

Scared ...

Scared of the distance Scared of the darkness Scared as the winds blow straight to my face. Scared at the whims  of my own fantasy. Scared of all around me. Scared as I lie alone, Scared of the strange noises blaring inside my head. Scared darling, I too, was of losing you. And all the scares came futile, as scare engulfed me in its depths. 

......................

It was all black, it was all dark. I tried to see where it was, light. I searched here, I searched there, But where was the light in me? Then I saw, it was hidden, Hidden in the realms of black. Happily I threw it away, In hope of seeing my light. But what i saw, it was grey!