Skip to main content

Death and Its Milieu

The wailing, and then the sobbing,
Slowly a whimper,
Gradual sniffle and then
heard no more.

The stillness in one corner,
The cold, the frozen hands.
The gentle tread of matters
Pending and cautious dealings.

The flowers, the incense,
The crown, the casket.
The hurried concerns,
And the harried reviews.

The soul has left the earth,
Yon mortals that too soon
will follow. Whine why thee?
As morrow is not too far. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

your promise

you gave me your hand and promised to be there whenever i needed it. you saw my tears whenever i hid it. but now.. where r u? i still search fr that hand that once had comforted me but it fails to reach me. i still hide my tears hoping you would find them but you fail to recognize it. Why?why did you promise? to be there for me when u dont even remember the promise you made to me.

Scared ...

Scared of the distance Scared of the darkness Scared as the winds blow straight to my face. Scared at the whims  of my own fantasy. Scared of all around me. Scared as I lie alone, Scared of the strange noises blaring inside my head. Scared darling, I too, was of losing you. And all the scares came futile, as scare engulfed me in its depths. 

......................

It was all black, it was all dark. I tried to see where it was, light. I searched here, I searched there, But where was the light in me? Then I saw, it was hidden, Hidden in the realms of black. Happily I threw it away, In hope of seeing my light. But what i saw, it was grey!