Skip to main content

What changes in 10 years???


“I still can’t believe I just said that!”, she exclaimed with all the joys that a teenager possesses when she has done something that is branded as “not fit for a girl to do or say”. “Girl, you’re awesome! He needed that and you did the right thing”, claimed her friends. “He was going well off the lines. I couldn’t help it. Anyways what wrong did I do? He’s the one who started it! He doesn’t get to dictate what I’ve to do and what I should wear! It’s my life! He’s just my classmate; not my dad, as if I don’t get enough from him! Yes, I used the precious four-letter word on him and he deserved it alright!” “True dear, now he knows his place and will stay off the line. Bravo girl!!”
Ten years later . . .
“I don’t know why I said that!”, she cried with disbelief. “But darling, you had always tried to make that clear to him. He never got that straight and you couldn’t help it”, her friends tried to console her. “But, I shouldn’t have said that right? I was so overcome with anger and frustration. I was so much depressed with everything that has been happening for the past few months, and my kid! I should’ve thought about her! I don’t want her to grow up seeing her parents fight all the time! I still remember her face when all this happened! I shouldn’t have said that! Why didn’t I make the compromise? Oh! I’m such a bad person!” “Try to solve it out dear. We, women will have to sacrifice to make things right! A little adjustment is needed. Tell him sorry and say you wouldn’t repeat it!” advised the same friends.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

your promise

you gave me your hand and promised to be there whenever i needed it. you saw my tears whenever i hid it. but now.. where r u? i still search fr that hand that once had comforted me but it fails to reach me. i still hide my tears hoping you would find them but you fail to recognize it. Why?why did you promise? to be there for me when u dont even remember the promise you made to me.

Scared ...

Scared of the distance Scared of the darkness Scared as the winds blow straight to my face. Scared at the whims  of my own fantasy. Scared of all around me. Scared as I lie alone, Scared of the strange noises blaring inside my head. Scared darling, I too, was of losing you. And all the scares came futile, as scare engulfed me in its depths. 

......................

It was all black, it was all dark. I tried to see where it was, light. I searched here, I searched there, But where was the light in me? Then I saw, it was hidden, Hidden in the realms of black. Happily I threw it away, In hope of seeing my light. But what i saw, it was grey!